Tuesday, 21 June 2016
Monday, 20 June 2016
The wonders of Epsom salt have been well known for hundreds of years and unlike other salts, Epsom salt has beneficial properties that can soothe the body, mind and soul. Some of the countless health benefits include relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating cold and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body.
Tuesday, 29 March 2016
Olive oil treatments can offer dry or damaged hair with essential fatty acids and much needed moisture. Like commercial hot oil treatments, olive oil can give your hair softness and shine. It is gentle and natural, which makes it ideal for anyone battling dry hair, including children.
A warm oil treatment can be done after chemical processing or accustomed to help hair texture and condition after environmental damage. Naturally dry hair, such as mine, may especially take advantage of occasional olive oil treatments. And it has made a difference! I alternate this with the shea butter treatment I had posted about.
The key to using olive oil like a hair treatment is to make sure you use the appropriate olive oil. Cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil is the highest quality of all oil varieties. It comes down from the first pressing from the olives and is filled with monounsaturated fats and vitamins. A popular and affordable brand is Goya Virgin Oil which is sold everywhere.
- Try taking some olive oil in a microwave-proof bowl and heat it within the microwave for 30 seconds. Alternatively, you are able to dunk the bottle of olive oil inside a bowl filled with hot water or place a bowl of olive oil on the saucepan and heat it until warm. However, make sure that you do not overheat the oil otherwise you could burn your scalp.
- Making use of your finger tips, massage the oil gently on your hair and scalp, beginning with the roots and going down to the tip of your strands. The aim is to soak your hair completely with olive oil. Rub the oil in your scalp until the oil is totally absorbed.
- Allow the oil to sit for thirty minutes before you wash it off. Since olive oil is thick and high in consistency, it might take some effort and a minimum of two washes to rinse completely from your hair.
- Wash your hair with cold water after which lather your hair with regular shampoo and rinse. Now squirt more shampoo on your hair, lather and wait for three minutes for the shampoo to be absorbed by the hair. Rinse off with cold water and apply a good conditioner.
- Once done, towel dry your hair. Blow drying your hair would only help make it drier. Therefore, it’s best to air dry your hair for best results.
Hope this helps!!
~ Neni ~
Monday, 28 March 2016
Thursday, 24 March 2016
Lime juice is a liquid got from the lime fruit. It has a sour taste (depending on whom you ask!). The lime fruit is known to have numerous benefits such as skin care, hair care, weight loss, aid digestion, gum care, scurvy and eye care just to mention a few.
Lime is consumed all over the world in various ways such as in beverages, cooking, confections, smoothies and juices, cosmetic products and in cooking.
Here are some of the useful benefits of lime juice:
Sunday, 4 October 2015
Want the perfect smoothie to get you going in the morning? Or one to get you through tiring periods during the day?
This smoothie is brimming with vitamin C and potassium which will do wonders for your digestive system as well as your skin. It will help boost your skin's collagen production.
Thursday, 13 August 2015
This drink does not only cleanse your body, it also helps remove excessive water.
When it comes to weight loss, everyone knows it's 80% diet and 20% exercise. In other words, you can not out-train a bad diet... Sorry :(
Remember, you must ensure that you already follow a fairly healthy/clean diet if you wish to see results with this recipe.
Friday, 31 July 2015
The benefits of Aloe Vera are endless. It has so many uses from the gel to the juice as well as the leaves.
Aloe Vera has been proven to contain almost 75 healthy skin nutrients which make it able to treat sunburn, cuts and acne.
Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Citrus fruits are known to contain vitamin C, a potent antioxidant. Common examples of such fruits are oranges, grapefruits, limes, lemons and tangerines.
Also, citrus fruits are composed of alpha hydroxy acids that help exfoliate and brighten the skin as well as keep the pores of the skin open.
Monday, 27 July 2015
Ladies, get in here.
Guys, please stay out...;)
I know this is a very sore topic with a lot of women because "that time of the month" is dreaded every time it swings by.
Certain symptoms are experienced which are peculiar to the monthly period. Such as:
© The Neni. All rights reserved.