We all know the damage that pool water can do to one's hair. Do you know that the same chlorine in swimming pool water is a major component of bleach? Now, imagine all that on your hair while you're in the water. Yikes! *shudders*
This conditioning treatment works wonders on dry damaged hair, it is a staple in my hair routine whenever I'm in swimming mode.
Try it and see for yourself!
- 3 tbsp Aloe Vera gel
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ripe Banana
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil (optional)
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil (optional)
- Mix honey, coconut and olive oils in a bowl. Gently warm the mixture by placing the bowl in a bigger pot/pan of boiling water. Warm for 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Blend the Aloe Vera gel, avocado, banana and warm oil mixture. Add the essential oils while blending.
- Wash your hair first, then apply the mixture to hair and scalp, allow to sit 5 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
*somersaults into swimming pool*
~ Neni ~