Monday, 30 December 2013
If you are frequent dish washer like I am, then this post is for you! I can be a little paranoid about germs, bacteria and the like getting into what I eat and drink. Soooo...I tend to go overboard on the dish washing. I can rinse a cup up to 7 times before I can deem it fit to use.
Sorry, that's just me!
I just had to come up with something to keep my hands baby soft without interfering with my kitchen sink duties. Here it is:
Saturday, 28 December 2013
I love coconut oil like craaaazy! It is so beneficial to me in my daily life. From my skin to my body both on the inside and the outside. There too numerous to mention. So, I decided to list a few of its outstanding qualities.
Please ensure the coconut oil you use is pure 100% organic.
12 Uses For Coconut Oil
- As a naturally SPF 4 sunscreen
- Used topically to kill yeast or yeast infections
- As a deliciously fragrant tropical massage oil
- A teaspoonful rubbed on your hands and then through hair will help get rid of frizz and flyways.
- As an intensive night time facial moisturizer (for dry skin)
- To prevent stretch marks during pregnancy
- Rubbed on lips as a natural chap stick
- Topically, can help skin heal faster after injury or infection
- Directly on the perineum to help heal after birth
- As an incredibly intensive natural conditioner- Rub into dry hair, put a shower cap on and leave for several hours = super soft hair!!
- Can help reduce appearance of varicose veins
- Mixed with salt to remove dry skin on feet
¬ Neni ¬
Wednesday, 25 December 2013
Monday, 23 December 2013
When you’re in with your makeup, skin, hair or any other beauty problem, chances are, you need a solution — and fast. Discovering beauty remedies has become a bit of a hobby for me.
So, I’ve collected my favourites below to help you the next time you’re in need of a quick beauty fix!
1. Use Chapstick to soothe a dry nose This particularly comes in handy during the harmattan season or winter depending on where you’re located. Just like it works on chapped lips, it can help moisturize the skin right around your nose and provide instant relief. You can also rub some inside of your nose when it’s feeling very dry, sore or just uncomfortable.
Just be sure not to stick the tube up your nose and then use it on your lips (because that’s just gross!). Shea butter also works!
2. Use honey to heal minor burns For minor burns, reach for some raw honey. A thick layer will immediately cut the sting while also providing antibacterial protection and keeping skin hydrated.
Friday, 20 December 2013
1. Forgetting to wash your hands before washing your face: The number of women who forget to wash their hands before they wash their faces is incredible, but think about it: You’re putting the bacteria, dirt and oil from your fingers directly onto your skin, which could be the main reason you’ve got acne or inflamed skin.
2. Keeping your makeup on at night: Taking off your makeup at night should come as naturally as brushing your teeth. Doing it during the week is one thing, but cleansing your face becomes even more important on a weekend after a special occasion or night out, when you’re likely wearing even more makeup than during the week. If you’re feeling especially lazy, keep makeup remover at your nightstand for a quick removal.
Wednesday, 18 December 2013
The first step to having hydrated skin is drinking water, lots and lots of it. So, try to drink up to 8 glasses of water a day. This will help hydrate your skin from inside out.
On the other hand, to hydrated the skin from the outside, using this super-hydrating mask will leave your skin plumped up and hydrated for days! I promise, honestly.
Monday, 16 December 2013
Suffering from discoloured teeth? Not to worry, Neni's got you covered! ;)
Here are 4 easy ways to help whiten your teeth naturally:
DIY Paste: Baking soda is a very powerful whitener and is excellent at removing stains. Make a paste by mixing a tablespoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of salt (for extra manual exfoliation). Rub this mixture on the teeth with your finger and rinse. Just remember that baking soda can damage the enamel or gums if overused, so only do this once in a while.
Friday, 13 December 2013
Tuesday, 10 December 2013
Do you love papaya or pawpaw as we Nigerians like to call it?
Are you tired of eating it the same old way, every time? I know I am!
Well, if you're looking for papaya salad with a twist, here's a simple recipe for a healthy and tasty salad.
© The Neni. All rights reserved.