Ladies, get in here.
Guys, please stay out...;)
I know this is a very sore topic with a lot of women because "that time of the month" is dreaded every time it swings by.
Certain symptoms are experienced which are peculiar to the monthly period. Such as:
- Big painful pimples especially around chin and/or cheek areas
- Skin is oilier than usual
- Skin is extremely sensitive
- You're feeling very irritable and often short-tempered
- Feeling bloated
- The infamous menstrual pain which varies from woman to woman
Chances are, you start experiencing these at least a week before menstruation starts.
Not to worry, the following tips at least a week before your period starts will help you get through your menstrual period a little more healthily and happily.
- Exercising If you can, try to do some exercise during your period, no matter how little. A 15 to 20 minute brisk walk can do wonders for your hormone levels and help to ease bloating.
- Drink More Water Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate some more. Never, ever, underestimate the importance of drink water. Remember, you're losing a lot of moisture during this period (see what I did there? ;)) It will show on your skin. That's why your skin looks kind of "dull" during PMS because it's losing moisture from the inside out. What to do? Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Avoid Sugar and Clean Up Your Diet The aim is to avoid any food or drink that will aggravate any form of hormonal imbalance. Remember you're already hormonal because of your period. If you can, try to avoid refined sugars, caffeine, carbonated drinks, alcohol and dairy. You'll immediately feel the difference, I promise!
- Avoid Any Facial Treatment Your skin is just to sensitive to respond the proper way. Just allow your skin to breathe. Just continue with your usual skincare routine.
- Quit Stressing Out Try as much as possible to reduce your stress level. Get enough sleep. Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep.
What do you think?
~ Neni ~