Let us look at a few of these benefits:
- Skin Lightening Vitamin C in oranges is very beneficial as a natural skin bleacher. Orange peel extract when applied to skin can lighten and cover up dark blemishes and spots. Orange peels are safe to use on skin. Just be sure to rub the peel lightly on your skin and also use diluted orange peel pastes to prevent burns. Besides skin whitening, orange peel extract also helps tone the skin, naturally cleanse pores and shield the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Air Freshener Boil handful of dried orange peels, cinnamon and cardamom in water. This will freshen up your mood and air in the house. You will simply love the tangy smell. They can even be rubbed on florescent lights for air freshening.
- Removes Blackheads Powdered orange peel is considered as a key ingredient in facial and skin care as it cures blackheads, dead cells, acne, pores, blemishes, dark circles, dry skin, and brightens your face.
- Mosquito Repellent Orange Peel is effective against mosquitoes. Rub fresh orange peels on skin before leaving outside to prevent mosquito bites
- Blood Pressure Orange peel also helps in healthy blood circulation which in turn regulates your blood pressure and thus keeps your heart healthy. This method has been widely followed in China for thousands of years.
- Compost Orange peels are great composting material as they’re rich in nitrogen that helps in formation of leaves in plants. Besides that, orange peels are filled with nutrients that will enrich the humus in your garden. Try not to go overboard on it as high levels of nitrogen in the soil can actually have a reverse effect on leaves, resulting in leaf shrinkage.
- Cuisine When oranges were first cultivated, their peels were greatly treasured. They were popularly used as flavouring agents to garnish and add a tangy taste to foods. Even today, you can exploit the nutritional benefits of orange peels through countless ways including making a dish or zest using shredded or grated orange peels.
- Breath Freshener Suffering from bad breath? Chew an orange peel rather than a gum or a mouth freshener to cure bad breath
- Helps with Hangover Mix orange peel and salt in boiling water for 20 mins. Drink it once it cools to reduce hangover
These are just a few of the numerous benefits of orange peel so, next you pick up an orange, you will know what to do with all of it.;)